Job Title: Weatherization Auditor
Department: Support Services
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports To: Weatherization Program Manager
Salary Range: $35,000 – $40,000 annually
Function: To complete energy audits on homes considered for weatherization measures and to improve the energy
efficiency of homes for low income persons, while ensuring their health and safety as specified in the
Qualifications: Minimum of High school/GED diploma with at least three (3) years of carpentry experience. Preferred: Associate Degree in Technical field with three (3) years of carpentry experience; QCI Certification; building science
and/or HVAC background; experience using electrical/power tools, measuring devices and other equipment;
and knowledge/experience using insulation machine.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to fully complete the NC Energy Assessment.
• Take accurate measurements using specialized forms and equipment to assess homes for weatherization
to include measuring airflow, vent stack temperatures and carbon monoxide levels.
• Assist the Manager with estimating material needs and costs, preparing purchase orders and purchasing
materials as approved by completing AR4CA work orders
• Ability to understand and implement whole house approach to weatherization.
• Use specialized equipment to take and record accurate blower door readings throughout the air sealing
process and combustion equipment.
• Ability to recognize certain hazards in homes such as mold, moisture and carbon monoxide.
• Assist or evaluate heat/air systems and ductwork for leaks in order to make HARRP units safe for
operation efficiency and safety. Direct or make minor repairs to units and ductwork or recommend for
• Assist WZN Manager in duct diagnostics in homes to be weatherized.
• Assure that work is being done efficiently and safely.
• Abide by safety requirements and assure that these requirements are maintained in the field.
• Perform work according to DOE standards in Wayne, Greene, Wilson, and Lenoir counties.
• Must be CPR and First Aid Certified. Must receive a minimum of 40 hours of relevant training annually
and must attend the following classes within the first year of employment: Basic Weatherization Skills,
Air Sealing with the Blower Door, High Density Wall Insulation, Lead Safe Work Practices, and Mold
and Moisture in Residential Homes.
• Participate in regular safety training and adhere to State and Federal safety guidelines when operating
equipment and performing the essential functions of the job.
• Support and interpret WAGES mission and goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Required skills and abilities:
• Ability to communicate with management, clients, and direct other weatherization field staff;
• Knowledge of housing structures;
• Agile and capable of working in attics and crawl spaces;
• Familiarity with measuring instruments/devices;
• Above average reading and writing abilities;
• Capable of learning basic computer skills;
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record;
• Flexibility in work schedule.
Physical Demands: Lifting and carrying materials up to 50 pounds and being able to climb and balance on a
12-foot ladder for extended lengths of time; bending and climbing; agile in crawling under houses and mobile
homes, in attics or crawl spaces; driving each day to job sites.
Working Conditions: Working indoors and outdoors, in attics and under houses; subject to adverse weather
while on job sites including extreme heat and/or cold, ability to work without stopping for long periods of time
in a small trailer fully covered with jumpsuit, safety goggles and respirator. Exposure to dust, cellulose,
fiberglass, mold or mildew a possibility.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org