Department: Children and Families
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Salary Range: $38,052-$57,078 annually
Function: Provide technical assistance, coaching, and mentoring to teaching staff by implementing and demonstrating hands-on techniques in working with young children. Assist with developing developmentally appropriate learning environments and monitoring staff’s implementation of educational, parent, and strategic training plans for the Children and Families Division.
Qualifications: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field with at least five (5) years of experience within a Head Start/Early Head Start or daycare/preschool classroom environment. Also, must have worked with economically disadvantaged children ages birth to five years of age and their families.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate with Children and Families staff comprehensive pre-service and in-service staff development activities.
- Plan and coordinate substitute training and new teacher orientation.
- Assist with the development of and the implementation of a comprehensive education and child development plan that meets the Head Start Performance Standards.
- Develop or coordinate developmentally appropriate environments, child development theories/best practices, curriculum, materials, and equipment for all classrooms and centers including playgrounds.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an ongoing education training plan that incorporates theories and principles of child and adult education and quality child development practices.
- Provide opportunities for staff to observe and work in teams and professional learning communities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to the Head Start Performance Standards, North Carolina licensing requirements, and the guidelines of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and incorporate into programming.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to State and Federal observation instruments (ITERS, ECERS, and CLASS).
- Enter, compile, and analyze data for Head Start/Early Head Start assessment child outcomes through TSG online assessment system and analyze all data related to early childhood development outcomes and programmatic goals for children.
- Evaluate classroom environments and activities through frequent periodic informal and formal observations, provide feedback and areas for improvement to Center Directors regarding classroom programming; monitor quality control; evaluate and monitor improvements for teaching staff.
- Facilitate Head Start/Early Head Start CLASS system. Maintain CLASS certification and provide Head Start/Early Head Start CLASS observations. Develop a plan for CLASS implementation, evaluation, and improvement.
- Plan and coordinate School Readiness Committee meetings.
- Assist in recruitment of teaching staff through interviews and recommendations.
- Make recommendations and requisitions for additional educational materials, supplies, and equipment needed for the program and develop an improvement plan to address these needs.
- Train teaching staff on the use of early childhood assessment tools, curriculum, and early childhood best practices.
- Implement School Readiness Plan, work plan, and polices/procedures.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to teaching staff, classroom environments, and playgrounds.
- Attend selective workshops and conferences to increase knowledge regarding early education.
- Support and interpret WAGES objectives, concepts, goals, mission, and programs.
- Participate in training or other activities related to the job.
- Provide guidance to Center Directors on staff administrative and management issues.
- Monitor and consult with Center Directors to ensure centers meet agency and regulatory standards.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an ongoing education training plan that incorporates theories and principles of child and adult education and developmentally appropriate practices.
- Support Center Directors in the implementation and evaluation of the education and child development system to ensure program is meeting the Performance Standards, NAEYC accreditation standards, and the NAEYC Quality Initiative recommendations.
- Support WAGES mission, programs, goals, objectives, and concepts.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Education Manager and/or Executive Director.
- Participate in self-assessment and engage in ongoing assessment of the quality of services.
- Prepare and maintain written reports and documentation that demonstrates compliance with Performance Standards, local, state, and federal regulations, and individual program requirements/reports requested by the supervisor.
- Maintain program policies and procedures
- Develop positive working relationships with team members and staff
- Demonstrates productivity and efficiency
- Interacts with vendors and staff in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner
- Ability to work with staff, parents, children, and volunteers in a culturally diverse work environment
- Ability to keep timely and accurate records
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Good problem solving skills and decision making skills
- Must maintain confidentiality of records and communications
- Must be able to adhere to agency core values
Physical, Mental, and/or Visual Demands:
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop
- Must be able to walk extended periods throughout the day for monitoring
- Mental and visual concentration required for preparing and analyzing data using a computer
Acknowledgement: This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It does not state or imply these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com