Department: Older Adult and Support Services
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000 annually
Function: The Director of Senior Nutrition Programs will plan, implement, and supervise the Nutrition Program for the Agency’s Senior/Elderly Program. This position strives to uphold WAGES’ culture and actively embrace its Core Values. As a result, the position supports WAGES’ goals related to dignity, respect, independence, competence, safety, and security of clients. In addition, the position contributes to the success of WAGES through ongoing collaboration with management, volunteers, colleagues, and community partners.
Qualifications: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Gerontology, Human Services, or related field with at least three (3) years of experience in nutrition and/or senior services with at least one year in a supervisory role and experience in grant writing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct activities in accordance with guidelines and approved budgets of the Nutrition Program for Senior/Elderly clients.
- Train, supervise, and develop program staff and volunteers for the Home Delivered Meals (HDM) and Congregate Nutrition.
- Maintain effective Program Advisory Council.
- Plan and evaluate program activities on a daily basis, such as making sure meals are prepared and delivered both in the congregate program and HDM program.
- Prepare statistical and narrative monthly reports as required by the Division of Aging and United Way, and other funding sources.
- Mobilize community resources to meet the needs of the elderly.
- Participate in training and other activities as relevant to the job.
- Provide counseling to program participants with referrals and follow-up.
- Maintain effective property control.
- Maintain records (registration, nutrition evaluation, cost sharing) on all participants in the WAGES Senior Nutrition Programs.
- Supervise nutrition site managers, Home Assessment Coordinator, and HDM volunteer specialist to ensure that all requirements are met as outlined in the nutrition program standards.
- Ensure adequate nutritional and dietetic services.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise the total nutrition service program.
- Develop and provide menus meeting the nutrition requirements of each program including approval by a registered dietician.
- Organize nutrition service staff and facilities to achieve maximum results.
- Garner additional community resources, grants, and community volunteer support for the senior nutrition programs.
- Participate in the budget process and assist in budget development for the senior nutrition programs.
- Attend Board meetings and report on Older Adult Services when requested.
- Effectively represent the organization in the community and serve as a community expert/resource on services to the elderly.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with management, clients, and community partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide empathic services
- Willingness to assist senior/elderly clients
- Must have a sincere interest in working with the senior/elderly clients
- Proficiency with software programs including Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel), and data-driven applications
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time throughout the day
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to bend and stoop
- Must be able to walk extended periods throughout the day for monitoring
- Mental and visual concentration required for preparing and analyzing data using a computer
Acknowledgement: This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the individual assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It does not state or imply these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements aree subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org