WAGES Employment Application Click to download PDF.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Educare Teacher (Early Head Start)
Division of Children and Families
Supervisor: Center Supervisor
Function: To plan and implement teacher activities and total program for infant & toddler classroom; to work collaboratively with teaching team and with parents and the community.
1. Education/Formal Training: Preferably an AA or BS degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development. Minimum requirement is an Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, North Carolina Child Care Credential I and II and First Aid/CPR Certification.
2. Work Experience: Preferably a Head Start/Early Head Start parent or a child care provider who is familiar with the programs and/or from within the target area; experience working with infant/toddlers.
3. Requirements/Aptitudes: Ability to work with children and the economically disadvantaged; ability to assist in record keeping duties; must maintain confidentiality; ability to provide exceptional customer service; must have current annual physical including Tuberculin test or chest x-ray and current criminal background qualifying letter.
4. Essential Responsibilities:
a. Participate in orientation, pre-service and in-service training, parent meetings and all staff functions.
b. Plan and implement developmentally appropriate small group and individual activities for children in a classroom setting.
c. Supervise infant-toddler play activities.
d. Interact positively with infants and toddlers and their families.
e. Stimulate infants and toddlers in moving toward independence.
f. Maintain quality environments for young children, including sanitation of toys, materials, etc. in accordance with day care guidelines.
g. Maintain all sanitation and facility licensing requirements at all times.
h. Work cooperatively with parents, staff, volunteers and the community.
i. Develop and implement daily schedule and individualized lesson plans.
j. Make home visits and conduct parent conferences at least two times per year and assist family
with referrals and resources.
k. Work cooperatively with agency staff, parents, volunteers and community to foster coordinated and integrated program operations.
l. Maintain appropriate and accurate records and reports including attendance reports.
m. Follow routine schedule of housekeeping duties in classroom and center.
n. Complete a professional development plan and maintain and update all certifications, credentials and other training as required.
o. Learn and adhere to State Observation Instrument (ITERS).
p. Learn and adhere to Head Start Performance Standards, North Carolina licensing requirements and the guidelines of the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) maintain all Sanitation and facility licensing requirements at all times.
q. In addition to pre-service training, complete annually 25 clock hours of training related to the field of Early Childhood Education.
r. Participate in training and other activities relevant to the job.
s. Support and interpret WAGES objectives, goals and concepts, and WAGES mission and program to child, parent and community.
t. Maintain cleanliness in classrooms/centers by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and disposing of trash as needed.
u. Maintain cleanliness of children playgrounds by conducting playground checks as assigned. Cleanliness entails picking up and removing debris, sweeping, raking and placement of playground materials.
v. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Center Supervisor.
w. Participate in bi-monthly Parent Committee Meetings
5. Physical Demands: Bending or squatting to speak/interact with children on their eye level, lifting children or heavy objects.
Entry Compensation: $8.00-$14.00 hourly